1 / 5See Less
Overall rating by GandalfTheWite
Ease of use20%
If I could, I would give Zoosk Zero Stars, but to rate it all I have to choose one star. Not only is it pretty much a rip-off money-wise (no such thing as refunds or such) if you actually want to communicate with others as compared to just looking at a picture or two, but Zoosk violates personal privacy.
I have not read through the fine print in the initial agreement when you sign up, but the privacy violation includes the following:
1) Impersonating you
2) Sending unsolicited emails on your behalf
3) Still using your profile when you have already removed their app
4) Targeting your facebook friends with emails saying you "suggest" they should use Zoosk because you are "so happy" with it. Most of my friends that received such emails unbeknownst to me were married and seriously wondered why I would think they would like the dating service!
5) The fact that they are sending emails to my facebook friends indicates that they steal the contact information to reach your friends and keep it even if you remove their app. I uninstalled the app about half a year ago. About a week ago, all of a sudden I am contacted by about a dozen of my friends wondering why I would think they would love Zoosk!
6) It is probably through shady practices like this that they are doing so "well" financially: Zoosk hits 40 million members.
I highly doubt that 40,000,000 people signed up. I know some friends that believe an IQ test they took on facebook installed the Zoosk app. Once that happens, you don't even have to be aware of the fact that they have full access to your information and can spam your friends as they please.
7) If you have installed Zoosk on Facebook, when you finally figure out what is going on, it is almost impossible to get rid of it. One friend of mine in trying to not allow Zoosk access found out that it had then installed itself. The only solution that I think works is to block it altogether. Go to the Zoosk page (just do a search in facebook) and on the left hand side is a link to block it.