2 / 5See Less
Overall rating by MJBsydney
Ease of use40%
If you're interested in online dating and you're considering spending money to subscribe, then this is going to be the most informative, money-saving tip you could possibly read. Why? Well, firstly, i just paid over $110 (and spent 3 months) on what is arguably one of Australia's most popular sites - RSVP.com.au . So this ain't just someone giving an opinion, but a real and recent experience which only states facts. Sadly my experience as a customer and paid subscriber was nothing short of disappointing.
And here's why:
* at $59.95 MINIMUM for stamps - it's expensive!
* almost half of the women i contacted...requested an email, then didn't bother to reply
* unless you live in a major city, the pool of 'prospects' is incredibly shallow
* some of these 'prospects' have had their profile displaying for YEARS
* and finally, the customer service which is via email only...is appalling
Having said all of this...give it a try if you've got plenty of money to waste. On a positive note, it was easy to navigate, and there are tonnes of members (though it is extremely difficult and time consuming to work out which are real, and which are fakes).
In summary, after having poor experiences with this website, along with a few other 'well-known' dating sites...i really think you're better off donating the money to charity.
If you have your heart set on trying the online dating thing though, give one of the free (funded by advertisers) sites a go. You'll be glad you did!